Sunday, April 22, 2012

Getting Started:



2.0 miles. 

Sweating, breathing, burning through twenty minutes of my Sunday morning. 

But the endorphins lasted all day – put a smile on my face and a skip in my step. .

Crazy Endorpho Eyeballs and Sweet Sweat!

I am running a half marathon with my sis after this summer comes to its end, so my training starts today.

So, to get started, I ask myself?  What’s my purpose?

I might say to be healthy, to push myself, to achieve a goal…
Eh, all these are great reasons to run.

But, that’s not what I’m getting at. 

My purpose to run is in the very act.  I feel powerful when I run, and I feel a closer relationship to my surroundings and to my own body.  

I might sound nutty,

But I know when I don’t run, and I down five cups of coffee a day and sit in the library for hours pouring over my anatomy notes- I feel disconnected and weak

So, the journey begins again, as a runner.  It makes a huge difference recognizing why I run. 

This reminds me the importance of asserting our purpose in all we do. 
If you sit down, and take some time to confront why something in your life is valuable to you, what is its purpose... 
you may fall deeper in love
or maybe fall out of love?

It is easy to defend what you love, so challenge yourself, your habits, your hobbies. 

My defense for loving to run is locked and loaded in my heels, and I’m ready to hit the pavement even harder than before. 

My sister and I last Fall
All my love, 
KJ


1 comment:

  1. I like your purpose. Its a good one and its something you will have for the rest of your life. Not just to get healthy - but deeper purpose than that. Love it.

    ReplyDelete