Thursday, March 22, 2012

Wipe that Food Right on Your Face!


The most important part of my evening ritual is washing my face.  I rinse the grime of the day down the sink and nuzzle a fresh face into my pillow.  Calm, clean, sweet dreams.

Lately, I have been making some effort to adopt more natural and homemade beauty products.  Not only can I feel comfortable knowing exactly what I’m shloppin’ on my face, but I also save $$$$ on expensive, brand-washed facial cleansers.    

After looking at the ingredients list on my store-bought facial cleanser, I thought it might require a chemistry set and some crazy ingredients to make my own effective face wash.  

nope!  Turns out after a little research, I already had all the things I needed in my kitchen: yogurt, honey, and oatmeal!

Because the cleanser should stay on about 15minutes, I would recommend incorporating it into the evening.  However, if you are an early bird, go for it!


Oatmeal and Honey Cleanser

Ingredients: 
1/2 cup raw oats 
2 tablespoons honey 
1/4 cup plain yogurt 

Supplies: 
Blender
Small Tupperware Container.


Whirl up all the goods in a blender/food processor.
Pour into small Tupperware container.
Store in Frigidaire (makes apprx. 1 week's supply)


Smooth over face and neck and leave on for 15 minutes.  Rinse w/warm water and pat dry!


Who says your face wash can't be a bed time snack as well? 

Enjoy!

All my love, 
Katie Mae





1 comment:

  1. this is awesome. i loved this post. what did the total cost come out to be?

    ReplyDelete